tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jayaraman, Gopinath " <gopinath.jayara...@citi.com>
Subject Unable to start Tomcat due to DISPLAY variable issue
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 05:09:53 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I am having this typical issue which many have faced which is below:

Graphics ENV testing has failed. The Server is going to exit. Please check your configuration
and retry.
[2008-08-26 13:01:01.461] LogError
java.lang.RuntimeException: Graphics ENV testing has failed. The Server is going to exit.
Please check your configuration and retry.
        at jet.server.ServerEnv.$igc(jet/server/ServerEnv)
        at jet.server.ServerEnv.check(jet/server/ServerEnv)
        at jet.server.jrserver.JRRptServer.init(jet/server/jrserver/JRRptServer)
        at jet.server.jrserver.http.JRHttpRptServer.init(jet/server/jrserver/http/JRHttpRptServer)
        at jet.server.api.http.HttpUtil.initEnv(jet/server/api/http/HttpUtil)
        at jet.server.servlets.JRServlet.init(jet/server/servlets/JRServlet)

According to suggestions from different threads, I have tried setting CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS
"-Djava.awt.headless=true

since the server is running in Solaris env. (5.8) and Tomcat 5.5.9

The production server is in a controlled environment, managed by System Admins, with limited
acces to me. This was working fine one month back, but suddenly this issue started to crop
up.
We dont have much expertise in Tomcat here, so I could not much help from colleagues.
I hope to get some pointers here.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Gopi