tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Maduranga Kannangara <>
Subject Re: Tomcat does not shutdown properly and kill -3 does not work!
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:59:50 GMT

A friend of mine said it was not due to ActiveMQ that Tomcat does not
shutdown properly, however I added a kill command to script
which is NOT good at all, I understand.

In MAC (10.5) kill -3 seems working, but its a blind path which gets me
nowhere. I do not get a trace of the threads. Its a wrong path I am
following. What I need simply is a clean shutdown on Tomcat :-)

Tomcat: 5.5.20
JVM: 1.5.0_09-b01
OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 2)

Please help! :-)

Thanks again

On 5/8/08 10:59, "Maduranga Kannangara" <> wrote:

> Hello,
> There is an issue with my Tomcat instance where I have to kill it using ­9
> all the time.
> This is my application environment:
> An active-mq queue is used inside my application war.
> Tomcat version: 5.x
> OS: Redhat Linux
> However I was unable to get trace using kill ­3 as I saw in some of the
> threads in this mailing list.
> How can I ensure proper shutdown of Tomcat?
> Thanks in advance!
> Maduranga

Koodos - stylish brads, smart prices

To start a new topic, e-mail: