tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Rational purify with tomcat 5.5 gives an error
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:29:03 GMT

Good Morning Kumar-

Have you looked at utilising Purify to instrument the abending dll ?
e.g.

 Make sure the <pplus_install>/common and <pplus_install>/PurifyPlus directories
are in the path.

Instrument kernel32.dll:

   purify -selective_instrumentation -selected_module_list="kernel32.dll,p"

for Windows build 5716+ DLL's ..
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=13721259&#13721259

Warm Regards
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> From: pradeep_kumar@bhartitelesoft.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:42:34 +0530
> Subject: Rational purify with tomcat 5.5 gives an error
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am trying to run tomcat 5.5 with Rational Purify to test my web application for any
potential memory leakages. I have run pstart -setup and set set JAVA_HOME, _JAVA_OPTIONS environment
variables.

> But when I run tomcat with this command
>
> >catalina.bat start
>
> I get the following error
>
> ===
>
> C:\tomcat55\bin>catalina.bat run start
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\tomcat55
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\tomcat55
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\tomcat55\temp
> Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_02
> Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -XrunPureJVMPI:Purify
> #
> # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
> #
> #  Internal Error (0xe06d7363), pid=6060, tid=1320
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_02-b09 mixed mode, sharing)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  [kernel32.dll+0x12a5b]
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid6060.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #
>
> ===
>
> Could anyone please help me for resolve this issue. I am stuck on this since long.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> Thanks and Regards
> PRADEEP KUMAR
> Solution Architect
> +91 99100 71728 | Bharti Telesoft Ltd. New Delhi-20 | Extension: 1311
>

> ________________________________
> This e-mail and all material transmitted with it are for the use of the intended recipient(s)
ONLY and contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original
message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any action taken pursuant to the contents of the present e-mail is
strictly prohibited and is unlawful.
> The recipient acknowledges that Bharti Telesoft Limited or its management or directors,
are unable to exercise control or ensure the integrity over /of the contents of the information
contained in e-mail. Any views expressed herein are those of the individual sender only and
no binding nature of the contents shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly
with due authority of Bharti Telesoft Limited. E-mail and any contents transmitted with it
are prone to viruses and related defects despite all efforts to avoid such by Bharti Telesoft
Limited.

Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108587394/direct/01/