tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Re-opening the browser
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:39:25 GMT

..I'll ask the dumb question..what is a drive-by login
?Martin______________________________________________ Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission. > Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:32:55 -0400> From: chris@christopherschultz.net>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Re: Re-opening the browser> > -----BEGIN PGP
SIGNED MESSAGE-----> Hash: SHA1> > Mark,> > Mark Thomas wrote:> | If you
go directly to the login page Tomcat can't tell the difference> | between that situation
and when you go to a protected page, are> | redirected to the login page and then take
so long to log in the session> | times out (the page you need to be sent back to is stored
in the> | session). The error message assumes that the session has timed out.> >
Okay, so the Tomcat response is (expectedly) consistent. Thanks for> stepping-in.> >
Just out of curiosity, why does Tomcat not support drive-by logins? Is> it merely because
the spec leaves the behavior in that case ambiguous> (there's no obvious target page to
go to)? Many of securityfilter's> users use it merely because it allows drive-by logins.
We're happy to> have them (!), but this seems like a reasonable feature to have in the>