tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julio César Chaves Fernández <he...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: https & j_security_check
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:15:11 GMT
No i'm working with https all the time ... when it's only over http the application works ...
it's just that i've been reading about something related to j_security_check and that it adds
port 80 to the url ... so i don't know if it's related to my problem... i read this in http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t145712-load-balancing-an-https-java-web-application-in-tomcat.html
... may be i'm wrong or i don't have the right idea ... but when i saw that 302 the only thing
that came to my mind was some problem related to the url and the server not finding the associated
resources ... i'm checking if maybe thats the reason...

Julio César

> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:56:19 -0400> From: chris@christopherschultz.net> To:
users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Re: https & j_security_check> > -----BEGIN
PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----> Hash: SHA1> > Julio,> > Julio César Chaves Fernández
wrote:> | I was checking the http in my application and the server response is> | a
302 ... what could possibly do this when using https ... could it> | be something related
to the URL ... or how could the server get> | confused given that with http it works fine.>
> Are you switching between HTTP and HTTPS? Some folks try to use HTTPS> for the login
and then redirect to HTTP for the rest of the application.> That doesn't work unless the
session cookie has been created from a> non-secure URL. Otherwise the cookie itself is
marked as "secure" and> won't be sent by your browser when you switch back to HTTP. Could