tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julio César Chaves Fernández <he...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: https & j_security_check
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:27:44 GMT
The 302 sends me back to the login page ... honestly i can't totally blame https ... i tested
the applicaction with https via JSSE and it works (this was done in my pc)... but when i changed
the application to another server https became the main issue where before it wasn't ... so
i'm trying to find what the real problem is ... it's just that the only thing different between
the working and the not working application is the use of https.

Julio César

> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:20:59 -0400> From: chris@christopherschultz.net> To:
users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Re: https & j_security_check> > -----BEGIN
PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----> Hash: SHA1> > Julio,> > Julio César Chaves Fernández
wrote:> | No i'm working with https all the time ... when it's only over http> | the
application works ... it's just that i've been reading about> | something related to j_security_check
and that it adds port 80 to the> | url> > Tomcat does not add port 80 to the URL.
It uses whatever port was> already being used.> > | ... so i don't know if it's related
to my problem... i read this> | in> |> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t145712-load-balancing-an-https-java-web-application-in-tomcat.html>
| ... may be i'm wrong or i don't have the right idea ... but when i> | saw that 302 the
only thing that came to my mind was some problem> | related to the url and the server not
finding the associated> | resources ... i'm checking if maybe thats the reason...> >
Where does the 302 send you? Back to the login-error page? Are you sure> that the only
difference between a working configuration and a> non-working configuration is the use