tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julio César Chaves Fernández <he...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: https & j_security_check apparently Solved :P
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:17:10 GMT
Hi,

I was testing somethings within the login page that is configured in the web.xml file... and
there was a piece of code doing a redirection to assure that the page is loaded over https...
first i proved with a simple login page over https with no more than the login form ...and
it worked as it supossed to ... then instead of insert the code to redirect the page over
https I opened it with a url specifying https instead of http ... it worked ... so I changed
back the form-login param in web.xml ... removed the redirection ... an tried again the same
way i did with the simple login form ... and it worked ... now i have to ask ... did the redirection
had something to do with this problem or do anyone know of a possible problem that can be
raised when this is done?TIA,

Julio César

> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:44:39 -0400> From: chris@christopherschultz.net> To:
users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Re: https & j_security_check> > -----BEGIN
PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----> Hash: SHA1> > Julio,> > Julio César Chaves Fernández
wrote:> | The 302 sends me back to the login page ... honestly i can't totally> | blame
https ... i tested the applicaction with https via JSSE and it> | works (this was done
in my pc)... but when i changed the application> | to another server https became the main
issue where before it wasn't> | ... so i'm trying to find what the real problem is ...
it's just that> | the only thing different between the working and the not working>
| application is the use of https.> > If you moved the application to another server,
is it possible that the> login itself is actually failing, and Tomcat is reacting correctly?>
> One of my complaints about TC's authenticator is that it tends to> swallow errors.
You might try to write a little test on the new server> to see if you can correctly access