tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill Shaffer <bills...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How to set jvmRoute outside of server.xml
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:08:12 GMT

Martin:

Yes, I am running more than one tomcat in a load balanced environment, and am trying to do
so with a shared config file, as the jvmroute is the only thing that changes in the server.xml.
 I was hoping to find a way to specify the jvmroute parameter other than in the Engine config
(or elsewhere in the config file).  If I can use a command line system property, then I can
modify the start script to pass unique jvmroutes and keep the configs the same across instances
(makes management a bit easier).

Bill> From: mgainty@hotmail.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: RE: How to
set jvmRoute outside of server.xml> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:00:30 -0400> > >
Bill-> > jvmRoute is an Engine Config parameter > Are you running more than 1 tomcat?>
http://raibledesigns.com/tomcat/> > Martin > ______________________________________________
> Disclaimer and confidentiality note > Everything in this e-mail and any attachments
relates to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature
and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender
does not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission. > > > >
From: billshaf@hotmail.com> > To: users@tomcat.apache.org> > Subject: How to set
jvmRoute outside of server.xml> > Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:25:33 -0700> > >
> > > Hi:> > > > I am trying to find a way to set the jvmRoute without
putting it in my server.xml. I'm using 6.0.18. I've found a couple of things:> > >
> The Tomcat config reference System Properties section says I can set it on the java command
line with a -DjvmRoute option. This did not work.> > > > Another source on the
web said that I could set a -D option on the command line and then reference that as a variable
within server.xml (java ... -Doption=value ..., and then in server.xml, jvmRoute="${option}".
This did not work either.> > > > By testing to see if it works I'm going to the
servlet examples and inspecting the Session ID in the Sessions Example.> > > >
Any help would be greatly appreciated.> > > > Bill> > > > > >