tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "De Vries, Richard" <Richard_DeVr...@bmc.com>
Subject redirecting stdout & stderr to .exe on windows
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:46:10 GMT
Hello everyone, long time reader, first time writer here ....

I have the need to redirect stdout and stderr from a Tomcat 5.5 instance
on a windows server to an executable. When I go into the "Apache Tomcat
Properties" management console -> logging -> I can change stdout and
stderr from "auto" to any given file; but it does not seem to work with
executables.

For instance, I changed stdout from "auto" to "|
c:\progra~1\logger\logger.exe", but this yields a no-go :-(. Checking
the task manager I also don't see "logger.exe" running.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

     - R.