tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat instances on different ports running as different users can anyone shutdown?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:15:40 GMT
That might be the simpliest but using kill to stop tomcat can prevent services from properly
shutting down potentially causing data loss depending on your application.  In a development
environment that is likely a good solution but in a production environment I don't think that
is a good idea.

Changing the shutdown name seems like the best solution for my uses.  That is effectively
the password mechanism I was hoping the Bootstrap class supported.

I might also look into how the jvsc would work but I still think the tomcat shutdown script
is going to be the safest method.

Thanks for the response,

Fu-Tung