tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shahar Cohen" <>
Subject RE: tomcat 5.5 Unicode issues!
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:07:54 GMT
Changing the URIEncoding="UTF-8" just worked.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas []
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat 5.5 Unicode issues!

Shahar Cohen wrote:
> Hi,
> Well I didn’t quite understand you all the way but trying to use your example lats
say I have a file named Hello%20There.html when I try to access this file I get 404.
> Probably because the tomcat recognize the character % as illegitimate.
> So is there a way to tell tomcat that special characters like % â €™ will be parsed
correctly if its not Unicode issue that what can it be?

You need to escape the %

The url for that file, assuming it was located in the ROOT context would be:

> Thanks in advanced

If your file names are UTF-8 encoded then you should be using
URIEncoding="UTF-8" on your connector.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: