tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Bowen <kbo...@als.com>
Subject Re: apparent problem with work/ directory
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:46:57 GMT
I never do this deletion while the webapp is running.
I stop the web app. carry out the deletion, and then restart the
webapp, either by dropping a
new war for the app in webapps, or using the manager app, or by
restarting tomcat.
The work directory is where tomcat uses jasper to  compile jsp's, and
that is done on an as-needed basis.
So if you do the deletion first, and then (re)start your app, tomcat
will start recompiling the jsp's in work as they are requested.

--Ken