tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gennady Shumakher" <>
Subject Tomcat ignores the missing JDBC DataSource reference in web.xml
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:45:38 GMT
My web.xml descriptor missing reference to JDBC data source defined in
context.xml (<resource-ref> section), but web application runs just fine
and pooled data source consumed by hibernate.

>From my perspective it is one setting less I have to care of. But since
it does not apply neither the servlet spec nor TC documentation, I
wonder is that going to be changed/fixed in the upcoming releases ?

Tomcat 6.0.18

JRE 6 Update 6