tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Problem with in Synchronized methods in Tomcat 4.x
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:44:44 GMT
> From: Thangavel Sankaranarayanan [mailto:tsankara@in.ibm.com]
> After number of session in my application has reached in some point of
> time..... the synchronized method is not executed and  the
> system hangs
> waiting to execute that method.....
>
> I could'nt make a thread dump as my tomcat is started as  a window
> service.What can i do at this point of time??

Find some way of getting that thread dump - nobody will be able to help you more until we
can see it.  If necessary, start Tomcat from a command prompt to get it.

I strongly suspect you have a logic error or race condition in your code so that another of
your threads is stuck inside the synchronised block.

                - Peter