tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: how to make context path case insensitive
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:09:53 GMT
> From: persistence k [mailto:persistence10@gmail.com]
> Can anybody tell me how to make context path of a web application case
> insensitve.
> I need a case insenstive context path for my web application.

Do you need a case insensitive context path, or do you need users to be able to type in either
case initially and to be directed to the same webapp?  If it's the latter, you could deploy
your webapp at one variant of the context path (say the lowercase one) and deploy a small
webapp at the other that simply redirects to the lowercase version.

If you genuinely need a case insensitive context path, can you give us some more details about
what you're trying to do?  Also, what OS, and what version of Tomcat?

                - Peter