tomcat-users mailing list archives

From daniel steel <>
Subject Re: tomcat security and window open js
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 15:08:37 GMT

   i found some interesting results by changing role defined
under security-constraint. if we defined tomcat as the role-name, then fails but if i change the role-name to manager,
works. why?

p.s. chris, your reply to earlier email was blank and so i am not sure if you had answered
the above question.

--- On Tue, 7/29/08, daniel steel <> wrote:
From: daniel steel <>
Subject: tomcat security and window open js
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 1:10 PM

  we are having issues with IE(?) - javascript -
function and tomcat. When we deploy tomcat with basic authentication
security enabled and  in our jsp when ever we call,.....), it asks for username / password (authetication) again.

how do we over come this? is this issue with IE or this is how http
basic authentication works? if we try new window (ctrl + N) and paste
the new jsp url, it works fine.

i don't think its relavant to this, i tried setting up valve and it
didn't work.