tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat instances on different ports running as different users can anyone shutdown?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:07:13 GMT
Thanks for the response.

The shutdown port is used to shutdown the application this can include things that need to
cleanup or flush data to disk.  It is used by the stop scripts so if I completely disabled
it then I couldn't stop the server properly..

I am sure there must be an option in the stop script to require a username/password.  I'll
just have to look into the code and see if that exists in the case where the port is accessible
to all users on the server.

I am still hoping to hear from someone who has solved this issue in their environment and
hopefully I don't need to make any changes to the code in order to set this up how I want
it to work.

Fu-Tung