tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Len Popp" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 won't use APR
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:22:12 GMT
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:03, Gregor Schneider <> wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, Tomcat should state in tomcat.log.INFO that it is
> using APR, right?

> So according to the above tomcat.log.INFO, is it
> true that in my case Tomcat is not using the APR?

No, it also logs a message when it's *not* using tcnative, like this:

INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performance in production environments was not found on the
java.library.path: [etc.]

I don't see that in your log, so I can't tell if it's using tcnative or not.

On my old Tomcat 5.5 setup (on Windows with the default logging
options) that message appeared in catalina.[date].log and there was no

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message