tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Axelsen <li...@frozenpc.net>
Subject Re: antioJarLocking not working
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:52:33 GMT

The reason we have docbase == appbase is because students will upload
war files to the doc base for deployment within a given subdomain.
However, that said, there is no reason why we need to set the context
path at all, since the war files all deploy to their own folder.

With antiResourceLocking turned on at the global level, I get the
following errors - Caused by: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: No
such file to load -- C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\temp-Foo5\WEB-INF/config/environment.rb

Is there any reason its going to look in temp-Foo5?  If I copy files
there out of the temp folder, things work correctly, but it's unclear to
me why its looking there.  Did I miss a step?

<Host name="nix-tester.mcs.uww.edu" appBase="D:/path/to/webroots/docs"
~    unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

~    <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
~    directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
~    pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>

~        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
~            directory="logs"  prefix="mcs." suffix=".txt"
~        timestamp="true"/>

</Host>

global context.xml

<Context antiJARLocking="true" antiResourceLocking="true">

~    <!-- Default set of monitored resources -->
~    <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>

~    <!-- Uncomment this to disable session persistence across Tomcat
restarts -->
~    <!--
~    <Manager pathname="" />
~    -->

~    <!-- Uncomment this to enable Comet connection tacking (provides events
~         on session expiration as well as webapp lifecycle) -->
~    <!--
~    <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.CometConnectionManagerValve" />
~    -->

</Context>