tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Clustering (Synchronous configuration)
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:22:15 GMT
hi Nuno, that would be value 0 (or 2 if you want acks involved)

take a look at the channelSendOptions description in

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/cluster.html

Filip

Nuno Manuel Martins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was reading the Cluster HOWTO at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html
and I have already implemented it and working. I would just like one piece of information
on this paragraph:
>  Synchronous vs asynchronous is configured using the channelSendOptions flag and is an
integer value. The default value for the SimpleTcpCluster/DeltaManager combo is 8, which is
asynchronous.

> I would like to know to which value I should set the channelSendOptions to use synchronous
configuration instead and what might be the main drawbacks and advantages of that regarding
a small cluster (3-4 nodes). Sorry if it is a very basic question but I am quite new to clusters.