tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <tomcat-us...@list-post.mks-mail.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 context.xml, how to configure the Host element
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:59:34 GMT

If you want demo.test.com to be different from www.test.com, then yes.
Otherwise you could define demo.test.com to be an Alias for www.test.com.

> The name after webapps/, which is demo.test, can it be named anyhow?
> for example webapps/mydemotestwebapp

Yes.
In fact, there is no law that states that the appBase has to start with
webapps/. You could even use absolute paths to point appBase to a
directory outside of your CATALINA_BASE.

Regards
   mks