tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Wong <gabri...@ngasi.com>
Subject Re: I WANT Tomcat to die when a given servlet fails to initialize
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:01:07 GMT
If possible, you may consider a monitor or cron in a separate process.
It checks the state of the servlet by making
a HTTP GET to it; depending on response, it  could initiate the
SHUTDOWN  command to Tomcat.

COHEN, STEVEN M (ATTSI) wrote:
> Yeah, that was what I thought.  Apps aren't supposed to do that.  But in my
> case where there is a one-to-one between Tomcat and my app, it's okay.  In
> fact, I also need to launch Tomcat with a special script that sets a number
> of parameters required by my app, because the one of the systems I'm
> depending on requires it to be just
> so.  This whole contraption has a real Rube Goldberg feel to it, but dang,
> it works just fine with System.exit(0).  Oh well, as they say, rules were
> meant to be broken.
>
> Steve

Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement for Cloud Computing
http://www.ngasi.com
NEW! FREE Developer account for Hosted version on Amazon EC2