tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: R: R: Newer version of mod_jk much slower than 1.2.13
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:08:55 GMT
Hi Leandro,

Leandro Dardini schrieb:
> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
>
> JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
 > JkLogFile /etc/httpd/logs/mod_jk.log
 > JkLogLevel info

OK

> About the trace level, full it is over 700Kbyte (gzipped), I send it
> directly to you. Thank you very much if you can look at it.
>

> Looking to tcpdump flow of packets between client and apache web
> server, I notice a lots of small packets. With older version of
> mod_jk, there are instead fewer packets of bigger size.

Yes, that's the problem, but I don't see, how mod_jk influences that,
it's a decision of the backend how to chunk the data. Maybe we now
stream them back sooner than before, but I doubt it.

I asked about a log file for the old and for the new version. Could you
provide the one for the old version too?

There are 10630 packets received by mod_jk from the backend, and 6608 of
those are empty (no data, only AJP protocol header).

The first packet is received after about 200 milliseconds, each further
packet takes 1-2 milliseconds. I want to compare with the log when you
use 1.2.13. If possible please send the exact same request with the same
httpd and the same backend, only using 1.2.13 instead of 1.2.26.

Regards,

Rainer