tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: how to set context path on TOMCAT6
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:05:37 GMT
You have two options.

1. Rename aaa.0.0.1d.war to reporting-application.war and place it in
tomcat's webapps directory.  This is the easiest and recommended method
of deployment.

2. Deploy the war file from somewhere outside tomcat's webapps directory
and add reporting-application.xml to the conf/Catalina/localhost
folder.  In the reporting-application.xml file you'll have the <Context
...>...</Context> element configured with a docBase pointing to your war
file.  It's a pain and only useful if you really, really, really can't
change the war file's name.

--David