tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel L. Gross" <dgr...@atlc-inc.com>
Subject Tomcat can't see a new function
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 01:33:16 GMT
I have a strange problem.  I am using Borland to compile my source files
and create jar files.  For some reason things are not working
correctly.  In one jar library, I can create new functions, rebuild the
library, and when I put them up in Tomcat 5.5 WEB-INF, it recognizes
them.  However, I have another library jar file that use to work, but
now I can't seem to add any functions to any of the files and have them
seen by tomcat.  They work fine in the Borland debugger, but I get this
error in the log file from Tomcat.  I tried creating a simple 10 line
program and trying to call a new function in any of the files in the jar
library file, and it doesn't see them.  However, tomcat does recognize
the original functions that each file originally had in them, and they
work fine.  It's only new fuctions that don't work.  Any ideas?  This
one is a real bugger.  I tried this on two different servers with tomcat
5.5 and got the same error shown below.  I have to get this resolved
because more jar files need to be modified for our servers.

Thanks, Dan Gross, ATLC

Aug 20, 2008 3:59:36 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet invoker threw exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: GIUtilities.GILog.testfunction()V
    at testservlet.doGet(testservlet.java:26)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
    at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java:420)
    at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet(InvokerServlet.java:134)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)