tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: HOW TO install/setup 2 instances of tomcat on same server
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:47:43 GMT
edponce wrote:
> I know this question has been asked a lot but I've read different solutions
> depending on the needs of the problem. I need to have 2 instances of tomcat
> on the same server for the same application. One would be for production and
> the other for development (which can be start and stopped whenever without
> affecting the production one).
>>>From my understanding i need to have each instance on different ports and
> modifying some other files but what I am missing is the technical things.
> Can any one please guide me on the correct direction so that i don't mess up
> anything! I've never worked with Tomcat that is why i have no idea on how to
> do it.

No, we won't tell you.  This is a list for Tomcat Users only (hence the
name), and obviously you are not one of them, so go away !

Just kidding.

Can you maybe give a bit more details, such as what system you are
running this on, and the version of Tomcat if you know ?  That would
help, a bit.
But it is probably not going to be easy, if you really have no idea of
Tomcat to start with.  Did you ever work with another Java servlet
engine, or another HTTP server ?