tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat admin webapp configuration with mod_jk
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:46:06 GMT
I just figured it out when verifying my installation per your request of
my installation steps.  It finally clicked when I was looking at the
subdirectories in TOMCAT_HOME/conf...there's a Standalone directory and
a Catalina directory.

Our Engine name is Standalone and host name is localhost - so I moved
the admin.xml from the default of conf/Catalina/localhost to
conf/Standalone/localhost and voila! it worked.

So, now I have a problem whereby I can't log in and Tomcat is
complaining that I don't have a LoginModule configured for Standalone.
I assume I need to add a JAAS Realm in admin.xml (like we're doing for
our web app) but it's not clear how it needs to be configured.

Any ideas?

--adam

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Adam Gordon [mailto:adam.gordon@readytalk.com]
>> Subject: Tomcat admin webapp configuration with mod_jk
>>
>> I've downloaded and installed (correctly, I think) the admin
>> web app but am having trouble configuring Apache and Tomcat
>> to recognize that the admin webapp is present.
>>

> Obviously, it's not correctly installed, or you wouldn't be having a problem.
>
> Don't suppose you want to give us a hint about what version of Tomcat you're using?
Guessing from the contents of server.xml is rather pointless.  Exactly what steps did you
take to install the admin web app?  Where is Tomcat installed?