tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Reading environment variable from Tomcat
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:46:51 GMT
Looks like correct behavior to me.  You can see that tomcat runs in the
System account when you look at it via Process Explorer or Task
Manager.  It has it's own environment separate from any desktop user and
can run without any desktop user.  This is also why tomcat can't access
mapped network drives when it runs as a service.

The real question is why do you want to know who the current desktop
user(s) is/are?  Tomcat should only be interested in the users coming in
via http(s) connections.

--David