tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to set jvmRoute outside of server.xml
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:24:52 GMT
Bill Shaffer wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to find a way to set the jvmRoute without putting it in my server.xml.  I'm
using 6.0.18.  I've found a couple of things:

> The Tomcat config reference System Properties section says I can set it on the java command
line with a -DjvmRoute option.  This did not work.

> Another source on the web said that I could set a -D option on the command line and then
reference that as a variable within server.xml (java ... -Doption=value ..., and then in server.xml,
jvmRoute="${option}".  This did not work either.

Given that both these options should work, it sounds like you are not
setting JAVA_OPTS properly. How are you setting this at the moment?

Mark