tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: how to make context path case insensitive
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:01:17 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Pierre,
>
> Pierre Goupil wrote:
> | If what you need is to redirect any request to
> | http://www.yoursite.com/yOuRwEbapP (yourwebapp being case insensitive) to
> | http://www.yoursite.com/yourwebapp (yourwebapp being case sensitive and
> | being the context path to which you have deployed your app to), what you
> | need is a servlet filter. Note that what is called "the context path" is
> | only the "yourwebapp" part, the "www.yoursite.com" is not a part of it,
> | strictly speaking.
>
> Oh, that's a MUCH better idea than mine (to deploy all combinations of
> case as redirector apps). The trick is that you must deploy this filter
> into the ROOT application specifically.

Do you mean that all requests go first through the ROOT app, no matter
what ? and that thus a servlet filter placed in the ROOT app would see
*all* requests ?  I beleived that requests were being dispatched based
on the url-mapping's of the servlets, and if they did not match any,
then to the default servlet.

If the above is explained somewhere, can you point me to it ?
Thanks.