tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: how to make context path case insensitive
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:01:17 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:
> Pierre,
> Pierre Goupil wrote:
> | If what you need is to redirect any request to
> | (yourwebapp being case insensitive) to
> | (yourwebapp being case sensitive and
> | being the context path to which you have deployed your app to), what you
> | need is a servlet filter. Note that what is called "the context path" is
> | only the "yourwebapp" part, the "" is not a part of it,
> | strictly speaking.
> Oh, that's a MUCH better idea than mine (to deploy all combinations of
> case as redirector apps). The trick is that you must deploy this filter
> into the ROOT application specifically.
Do you mean that all requests go first through the ROOT app, no matter
what ? and that thus a servlet filter placed in the ROOT app would see
*all* requests ?  I beleived that requests were being dispatched based
on the url-mapping's of the servlets, and if they did not match any,
then to the default servlet.

If the above is explained somewhere, can you point me to it ?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message