tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <>
Subject Re: DefaultServlet doesn't set charset
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:35:00 GMT
Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> Mark Thomas wrote:

>> That said I wouldn't be against a patch that introduced a
>> useFileEncodingInCharset parameter (although a shorter name would be better ;)
> Great! I'll dig into DefaultServlet's source and see what I can come up
> with.

OK, I think I have, by and large, understood how the DefaultServlet
works and added code to append the charset info (if wanted and
applicable) to the Content-Type response header.
What I ended up with is the same as if I had simply searched the code
for all places where Content-Type is set and add my code there. Seems
reassuring to me.

I'll do some more testing and then attach the patch to
Are there any (non-obvious) testcases that you think deserve special

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message