tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible virus uploaded to Tomcat 5.5.3 - SOLVED
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:33:59 GMT
Sameer Acharya wrote:
> Just a couple of questions on this.
>
> 1. I read your mail exchange and it seems that the OP has mentioned no Manager app was
installed, but your analysis indicates that the rogue app was uploaded through manager app
?.
There were quite a few e-mails exchanged off list, mainly because they
contain specific details like IP addresses, ports, config files etc.

> 2. Normally firewalls keep a log of port activity so was this activity not detected by
the firewall ?
That depends on a) the firewall and b) how different this traffic looks
from normal traffic. In this case the firewall didn't generate an alert.

Mark