tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Sudden missing javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet ?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 19:02:45 GMT
So.... to boil this down a bit, it doesn't work with your webapp, but
suddenly comes to life if you remove your webapp and install
LambdaProbe?  That's bizaar.  Is there another package
javax.servlet.http that might be messing up the classloaders?  Anything
in any of the classes directories?

Last question: are there any messages/exceptions further up that might
shed light on the issue (like say a permissions exception attempting to
read servlet-api.jar or common/lib?

--David