tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: List remote files in Servlet
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:14:48 GMT
Nathan Thatcher wrote:
> Turns out that was the issue. I set tomcat to run as a local user and
> now it works. Thanks for the help.
>

>> Tomcat is running on a windows machine under the SYSTEM account so I
>> assume that it has the permissions. Is there a way to check if this is
>> the problem?

Under Windows, the LocalSystem account *specifically* has no network
access rights (you cam still make TCP/IP connections and so, but you
cannot access Windows network resources).
To be perfectly ok, you would need to set up a Domain user that has the
appropriate rights, and start Tomcat as that user.
Don't forget to create this user with a password that does not need to
be changed regularly, or you might have problems starting Tomcat after a
while.

André