tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Service is stopped automatically???
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:28:33 GMT
Thangavel Sankaranarayanan wrote:
> Hi,
> I dont find any Hkey..instead i find a Hkey_Current_user..
> I have loggged in to a remote system through RDC...
> and i could'nt find any system or other things in it...

Oh well, that means you (or rather your user-id) are probably not a
Local Administrator on that system.

At this stage, I'm not quite sure anymore, because I don't have a Tomcat
4.1 system to compare this with.  So I'm working from memory.

Try this :
Supposing you can find the top directory where Tomcat was installed.
It may be something like c:\Programs\Apache Group\Tomcat4.1, or
C:\Tomcat4 or whatever.
Under that directory should be a sub-directory bin, with some programs
in it, and maybe some ".bat" or ".cmd" files.

(With Tomcat 5, there are just 2 programs "tomcat5.exe" and
"tomcat5w.exe", and I used the tomcat5.exe in my previous example.)

But I believe that in Tomcat4.x, there is a command-file called
"startup.bat".
If so, then :
- anyway stop the Tomcat service
- open a command window, and go to the Tomcat/bin directory
- type : startup.bat

To stop Tomcat later, just type a CTRL-C in the window.
(And restart the service if needed).