tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: enabling/disabling a servlet filter conditionally
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 13:01:50 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Thanks, a lot.
[etc..]
I have one more question, if you would be so kind and if it is not too
heavy to handle here (and at the risk of sounding very "amateur") :

In the standard condiguration, the JCIFS filter comes as a jar, which
gets placed in the WEB-INF/lib sub-dir of the webapp.
If I need to "build it into" my owen filter, how do I do that ?
Do I unpack the jar first when and where I compile my own filter, so
that the classes are available then ?

I compile my filter right now with a very basic method, using a
command-file (under Windows) like :

echo on
set JAVA_HOME=c:\java1.5
javac -classpath
%CLASSPATH%;C:\java1.5\lib\tools.jar;C:\java1.5\jre1.5\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Tomcat5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar;C:\Tomcat5\common\lib\commons-el.jar

%1

Do I just add the jar in question to the classpath above ?

André

Shows what I know about Java and servlets, right ?
It works though.