tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: enabling/disabling a servlet filter conditionally
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:02:49 GMT
Thanks, a lot.

It will take me some time to digest this, and some more time to be in
the conditions to actually try it out.
But you have indeed given me already more hints than what I could have
reasonably hoped for.
As far as filter B init parameters are concerned, I guess the line
   _jcifs.init(config);
is actually "it", rather than just a hint, right ?

I do  not always like Java very much, but that is actually one of the
areas where it is very nice.  The general "encapsulation" principles do
help a lot here.

And, to answer you other question, yes, for filter C I had to wrap the
request into a HttpServletRequestWrapper in order to add an additional
HTTP header to the request, *and* override the methods used by the
servlet to get the headers, etc..  Yuk, but it seemed like the only way.

André

Christopher Schultz wrote:
[.. lots of good stuff ..]