tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Creating a new Service
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 10:53:15 GMT
Hi and Welcome to the list.
I can't answer your questions below, but since you are new to the list,
allow me to make a couple of predictions :

The first thing you are going to be asked is under which OS you are
running this, and from where you downloaded and installed Tomcat 5.5.
So you might as well add that information right away.

The second thing likely to happen, is that someone will tell you to get
rid of that Tomcat, and re-install one from the original Tomcat
distribution.  That sounds hard, but it is to some extent
understandable, since each distribution seems to put stuff in different
places, and that makes it harder for people here to provide useful
answers (and particularly for your type of configuration question).

Now, don't get discouraged and hang on there.  Usually, after this
initial stage, the answers are good and people here know their stuff and
are genuinely helpful.

And also, because you say that you have already been playing around with
the configuration and are getting all kinds of errors as a result, you
might anyway want to de-install your now messed-up tomcat-webapps and
tomcat packages, re-install a clean tomcat package (without the
webapps), and start from there.

André
;-)