tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: enabling/disabling a servlet filter conditionally
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 22:18:23 GMT
Hassan Schroeder wrote:

Thanks, Hassan.
At least now, I know that it's not going to be dead easy, apart from the
last case.

Does anyone else have a devious idea to achieve this without rewriting
Tomcat ?

What about if I turn the question around :

Suppose that in the servlet's web.xml I had only filter A filtering
servlet X.
Would it be possible for filter A to insert another filter B (and its
parameters) to filter the request before the servlet sees it ?

(Still assuming I do not have the source of filter B of course)

André