tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat Newbie
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:19:22 GMT
Just create a folder named dev in tomcat's webapps directory and put
your redirect page in there.  You won't need the xml file unless you are
defining database pools and/or other resources.  If the redirect page is
a jsp, you will have to go further, creating a WEB-INF folder in the dev
folder and a web.xml file inside that.

--David

Mr Junior wrote:
> I need dev to have its own context root. The only file I will have in /dev
> will be a redirect to the arsys webapp, so i don't need a totally new
> webapp. I just need to be able to have an http://<server>/dev instead of
> http://<server>/arsys/dev.
>
> Thanks
>

> Alessandro Ferrucci-3 wrote:
>
>> This sounds like you're simply trying to deploy another webapp with the
>> context root of /dev.  Am I mistaken?
>>
>> or do you want to put a folder inside the arsys webapp called dev, but
>> want
>> dev to have its own context root?
>>
>> Please explain in more detail.
>>
>> --
>> Signed,
>> Alessandro Ferrucci
>>
>> Does your webapps directory look like the following:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Mr Junior <jlopela@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hey all, i'm sort of new to Tomcat. I am trying to add a sub-folder to my
>>> website. Basically, I already have HTTP://<website>/arsys. I want to add
>>> a
>>> HTTP://<website>/dev. I found, in the conf/catalina that there was an
>>> arsys.xml that stated the path as /arsys, and told the installation path
>>> the application.
>>>
>>> I can copy this, rename the path to /dev, and keep the website link the
>>> same, but then I don't have any control of the content of hte page. Going
>>> http://<website>/dev will just do the same thing that going to
>>> http://<website>/arsys will do. I need to be able to drop in a different
>>> index.htm file in the /dev directory of my website so that I can control
>>> what content the users see.
>>>
>>> In IIS, I can create a folder to store this. I'm trying to figure out how
>>> do this in Tomcat, but am not having very much luck.
>>>
>>> Any help is greatly appreciated!
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> --

David Smith
Programmer/Analyst
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Cornell University
B32 Morrison Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Phone: (607) 255-4521