tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Luca Cicale" <i...@alsoftware.it>
Subject Re: [programmazione] Bug in tomcat scripts?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:43:35 GMT
i know my question could seem strange to you,  but pls:
why did you execute  "rm -rf $(cwd)/.. && /etc/init.d/tomcat5 restart"?
And above all: where?
:-)

Luca



--------------------------------------------------
From: "Enrique Arizón" <e_arizon_benito@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 7:11 PM
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: [programmazione] Bug in tomcat scripts?

> I suddenly removed my cwd just prior to start tomcat. Briefly, the script 
> would be similar to:
>
> # rm -rf $(cwd)/.. && /etc/init.d/tomcat5 restart
>
> after which I got lot of errors and tomcat "broke" (broke == I reinstalled 
> the rpm package to make it work again). The worst thing is that after the 
> first run of the "suicide command" when executing:
>
> # /etc/init.d/tomcat5 start
>
> doesn't work but doesn't display any errors and returns "OK".
>
>
> The error list is similar to:
> shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access 
> parent directories: No existe el fichero o el directorio
> Deteniendo tomcat5:                                             [  OK  ]
> Iniciando tomcat5: shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: 
> cannot access parent directories: File or directory doesn't exists.
> shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access 
> parent directories: File or directory doesn't exists.
> pushd: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent 
> directories: File or directory doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[commons-collections-tomcat5].jar»: File 
> or directory doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[commons-dbcp-tomcat5].jar»: File or 
> directory doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[commons-el].jar»: File or directory 
> doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[commons-pool-tomcat5].jar»: File or 
> directory doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[ecj].jar»: File or directory doesn't 
> exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[jaf].jar»: File or directory doesn't 
> exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[jasper5-compiler].jar»: File or 
> directory doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[jasper5-runtime].jar»: File or directory 
> doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[javamail].jar»: File or directory 
> doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[jsp].jar»: File or directory doesn't 
> exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[servlet].jar»: File or directory doesn't 
> exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[tomcat5][naming-factory].jar»: File or 
> directory doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[tomcat5][naming-resources].jar»: File or 
> directory doesn't exists.
> /usr/share/java-utils/java-functions: line 247: popd: directory stack 
> empty
> shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access 
> parent directories: File or directory doesn't exists.
> pushd: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent 
> directories: File or directory doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[jaxp_parser_impl].jar»: File or 
> directory doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[xml-commons-jaxp-1.3-apis].jar»: File or 
> directory doesn't exists.
> /usr/share/java-utils/java-functions: line 247: popd: directory stack 
> empty
> shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access 
> parent directories: File or directory doesn't exists.
> pushd: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent 
> directories: File or directory doesn't exists.
> /bin/ln: creating symbolic link «[catalina-ant5].jar»: File or directory 
> doesn't exists....
> ...
> /usr/share/java-utils/java-functions: line 247: popd: directory stack 
> empty
>
>
> I was using tomcat5 from standard Mandriva 2008 but probably the error 
> will apply to other Linux distros/OSes where tomcat use a shell to start 
> up.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message