tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject tomcat instances on different ports running as different users can anyone shutdown?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 18:40:14 GMT
Hi,

I have different instances of tomcat running on different ports of the same machine.  The
processes are running as different users.  In this case could a user different than the one
who launched the process connect to the tomcat shutdown port and cause the other instance
to shutdown?

It seems like I can connect to the shutdown port of the other users tomcat instances with
telnet so I think it appears likely that I could tell the other tomcat instance to shutdown.

How do I restrict this to only the user who launched the tomcat process?

Thank you,

Fu-Tung