tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: Struts vs JSF (poll?)
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:03:15 GMT
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 01:33:02PM -0400, Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> I'm in the architect/manager boat myself these days, so I'd be crazy to
> *not* agree :)  I've seen though what happens when you play the "ivory
> tower" game and just come down the hill with the stone tablets that say
> "this is what we're doing".

That not only rubs people the wrong way, but also cheats the decision-
maker of useful input to the decision-making process.

>                              Everyone has to have a say IMO... even if
> some of those opinions don't carry as much weight as others (having your
> opinion carry more weight is one of the perks of moving up the ladder
> after all).

Yes, borrow as many brains as you can, and give everyone a chance to
contribute.  THEN make the decision, and be clear that what is decided
is decided.

Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he
means the exact opposite.