tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tommy Pham <tommy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.18 & JavaEE 5/EJB3.0
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 02:29:26 GMT
Hi Johnny,

--- On Sun, 8/17/08, Johnny Kewl <john@kewlstuff.co.za> wrote:

> Tommy if you havnt already... have a look at Visual Web
> Pages... it has the
> dB wizards and it works with TC.
> Doesnt use JPA, it uses Cached Rowsets to persist... which
> are actually
> easier to understand, I think ;)
>
> ... nothing stopping you from making a lib that uses JPA,
> and then using
> that in TC, but you not going to get the dB wizards to work
> with the web...
>
> Visual Web Pages is the JSF technology... I didnt even know
> Sun had got JPA
> and WEB wizards working yet ;)
> Anyway... TC and JSF are friendly... via VWP... if you wont
> to give that a
> spin on NB
> Make a web project... select VWP... choose TC as the
> server... maybe ;)

I did try out VWP before but I had some problems with it regarding db automatically generating
PK. http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=259409#259409
Since my database is normalized creating multiple one-to-many relationships, I need the generated
key to insert into other tables at the same time.  With Persistence, I can make full use of
transaction if any part of the inserts failed w/o having to worry much about incomplete/junk
data in my db because Persistence can give me the generated key right after insert :)

Thanks,
Tommy