tomcat-users mailing list archives

From edponce <>
Subject Re: HOW TO install/setup 2 instances of tomcat on same server
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:08:30 GMT

ive duplicated my folder...modified the specif files created a script for
starting up the 2nd instance and when i start it i get this error, but cant
debut it... any ideas anybody?

[root@balder312 ~]# tomcat5-test start
In the config file
Starting tomcat5-test:                                     [  FAILED  ]

Thank you,

edponce wrote:
> I know this question has been asked a lot but I've read different
> solutions depending on the needs of the problem. I need to have 2
> instances of tomcat on the same server for the same application. One would
> be for production and the other for development (which can be start and
> stopped whenever without affecting the production one).
> From my understanding i need to have each instance on different ports and
> modifying some other files but what I am missing is the technical things.
> Can any one please guide me on the correct direction so that i don't mess
> up anything! I've never worked with Tomcat that is why i have no idea on
> how to do it.
> Thanks in advance

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: