tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Stringer <>
Subject Re: Would like to monitor memory use offline
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 08:54:38 GMT
On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 19:18 -0700, Richard S. Huntrods wrote:
> SO - my question - is there a relatively easy way to create something
> (say a servlet) to watch the stack *just like I can do manually using
> the manager application* but email me when the stack approaches the
> memory limits?

Hi Richard,

I'd suggest running the tomcat JVM with verbose garbage collection
enabled eg. [1], then monitoring the log produced with a shell script.
This should show you when you are nearing your out of memory limit.

To track down the memory leak, try something like Lambda Probe [2] to
give you an overview of resource consumption and monitor it over time.

Cheers, Ben

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: