tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@kjkoster.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.26 OutOfMemoryError -Xms -Xmx Set
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:37:38 GMT
Dear Tom,

> I'd like to confirm that I am trying the right things in fixing a
> memory
> error and discover what else I can do to resolve my problem. I realise
> this is a common problem as I have Googled, read the Tomcat memory FAQ
> and searched the mailing lists. I have tried looking at catalina.out
> however I am not a java programmer.

Here is a quick-start memory tuning guide I wrote earlier.

http://java-monitor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30

Basically, you have to find and tune the right memory pool. Use
jconsole to see what memory pool fills up.

Hope this helps.
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe
so full of wonders,
they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry
Partchett