tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.26 OutOfMemoryError -Xms -Xmx Set
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:37:38 GMT
Dear Tom,

> I'd like to confirm that I am trying the right things in fixing a
> memory
> error and discover what else I can do to resolve my problem. I realise
> this is a common problem as I have Googled, read the Tomcat memory FAQ
> and searched the mailing lists. I have tried looking at catalina.out
> however I am not a java programmer.

Here is a quick-start memory tuning guide I wrote earlier.

Basically, you have to find and tune the right memory pool. Use
jconsole to see what memory pool fills up.

Hope this helps.
Kees Jan

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe
so full of wonders,
they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message