tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Dual-Independent Tomcat servers, on Single Win32 host sharing IIS server.
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:18:28 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "dOE" <doepain@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat User-List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:10 PM
Subject: Dual-Independent Tomcat servers, on Single Win32 host sharing IIS
server.

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone guide me in the right direction with my issue.
>
> Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0, tomcat-connector 1.2.8, and Tomcat 5.0.16.
>
> I have been tasked to do the following.
> To get two separate Tomcat server instances running on the same host
> independent of each other and working off of the same IIS server
> (compliments of the Tomcat-Connector, and ISAPI-Filter).
>
> Getting the two servers up and running together is the easy part, and has
> already been achieved.
> They both have unique ports, and IP addresses from each other.. MY issue
> is
> the isapi filter.
>
> The "workers.properties.minimal" uses 8009 for "ajp13",  and 'localhost'
> worker.list=ajp13w
> worker.ajp13w.type=ajp13
> worker.ajp13w.host=localhost
> worker.ajp13w.port=8009
>
> There has to be some information out there that will guide you to create a
> custom "workers.properties.minimal" file. One of my two Tomcat servers has
> port 8009 assigned, and the other is using port 8109.  I am assuming that
> was correct on thinking this port needed to be unique from the other
> Tomcat
> server on the host?
>
> I tried to do the following, and it did not work.
>
> worker.list=ajp13w

OUT

worker.list=ajp13w,ajp13w2

> worker.ajp13w.type=ajp13
> worker.ajp13w.host=192.168.0.1

OUT

worker.ajp13w.host=localhost

> worker.ajp13w.port=8009
>
> worker.list=ajp13w2

OUT

> worker.ajp13w2.type=ajp13
> worker.ajp13w2.host=192.168.0.2

OUT

worker.ajp13w.host=localhost

> worker.ajp13w2.port=8109
>
> ..and then in my "uriworker.properties" file
>
> /servlets-examples/*=ajp13w
> /jsp-examples/*=ajp13w2
>
> I thought this would work, but clearly I am looking at this from the wrong
> angle.

The systems are both on localhost... you said same machine... it can only
have one IP
Thats ok as long as you rightly said... the "ports" are different...

If you using the machine in an org with no DNS... then the name of the
machine will also work

worker.ajp13w.host=MyMachineName

But assigning actual IP's can be tricky especially if you have a DHCP server
running... something that assigned IP's to machines... most MS systems do..

I think thats it... with a little play
The only real POJO Application Server.