tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat does not unpack WAR file (Tomcat 5.5.20)
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:08:09 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter" <pcimring@gmail.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 4:07 PM
Subject: Tomcat does not unpack WAR file (Tomcat 5.5.20)

> Hi
>
> When I drop a WAR file into the webapps folder on my dev machine - running
> Tomcat 6.0.16 - Tomcat unpacks it on startup.
>
> When I do the same on the production box - running Tomcat 5.5.20 - nothing
> happens.
>
> The WAR file that I am deploying is ROOT.war; there is a corresponding
> ROOT.xml under conf\Catalina\localhost. (I'm not sure if those details
> have any bearing on the problem - according to one archived post, there
> may be a connection.)
>
> On both machines, the <host> tags look identical:
>
>      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
>            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>            xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated. :)
>
> Pete
>
> --
> Peter Cimring
> Software Developer
> (: +972 52-545-9364
> *: pcimring@gmail.com

Pete, nothing comes to mind, you seem to have the bases covered...
One possibility is that the existing ROOT web ap is busy...
Maybe a thread running or something... TC will not start up the new guy, if
the old one cant let go..

possibly from the manager console /manager/html tell the old one to undeploy
first maybe...

Also just make sure from you dev environment that the ROOT context path is
""
really empty and not "root" which it maybe doing... wild guess ;)

The only real POJO Application Server.