tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Problem with POST to servlet: 16384 bytes maximum?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 21:27:41 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michele Fuortes" <mfuortes@med.cornell.edu>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with POST to servlet: 16384 bytes maximum?

> Hi, thanks for the suggestions;
>
>> John.C.Cartwright@noaa.gov schrieb:
>>> I've had similar problems in various versions of tomcat.  Currently  the
>>> problem seems to exist in 6.0.16 but not in 6.0.14 nor 5.5.17.  There
>>> was a bug filed, but I don't have the reference handy.
>
> I tried 5.5.26 and 5.5.17 and it changed (for the worse-;).
> The file now gets messed up at 7620 bytes
>

>>> Johnny Kewl <john@kewlstuff.co.za>
>>
>> Michele... check this out... the default POST size is actually much
>> larger...
>> I suspect it may be an encoding problem.... whatever is sending that
>> file must also encode it correctly...
>> If you try a diff XML file and this size changes.... its the issue.
>

> The same things happen with a lot of completely different XML files  and
> they all get messed up at 16384, the last few good bytes are all
> different.
>
> Any other suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michele

Trying to find you a raw example of a plain POST...
This "looks" ok...
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=62798

Then look further down and theres some guy messing with multiparts...
see ... its all depends...  I dont know how good TC's built in mutipart
support is...

Anyway I think if you play with that raw post, you'll probably come right ;)
Have fun...

The later Java stuff also supports... chunked encoding and if its not your
client, maybe its a custom job with the wrong headers...

Theres actually a handy tool called wire shark... I use that when I cant get
it sorted from the code... you may see the reason for why they not getting
each other...
Have fun....

The only real POJO Application Server.